Use actions in presentations
By using actions in your presentations, you can guide your audience through the storyboards in the order and to the level of detail that you want.
- You created at least one action for the widgets. For details, see Create actions.
- The storyboard page where you have the source widget is open.
In the source widget, perform the event that you defined for your action: hover, left-click, right-click, double-click, or title click.
Depending on the action type that you defined, you get one of the following results:
An action is triggered in the target widget (for example, filtering, highlighting, or switching the chart type).
A new page or a new storyboard is shown in the page area.
A widget is hidden or shown on the storyboard.
Note: You can use some of the actions in view mode and other actions in both view and edit modes. For details, see About actions.
- (Optional) To filter or highlight several data elements at the same time, press Ctrl, and then click the respective elements in the source widget.
To remove a filtering or highlighting action, you can choose one of the following methods:
- Click the same data element again in the source widget (available only for charts).
- Delete the action from the source or target widget.
- Delete the source widget.