Use highlighter widgets
After you add a highlighter widget to a storyboard page, you can apply it to one or several visualizations at the same time.
- You added at least one highlighter widget to the storyboard. For details, see Add highlighter widgets.
- The storyboard page where you have the highlighter widget is open.
To highlight a visualization, perform one of the following actions, depending on the highlighter type that you defined:
- For the Dropdown highlighter – Click the down arrow, and then select one of the dimensions in the drop-down list.
- For the Multi select highlighter – Click one or several dimensions in the list.
- For the Single select highlighter – Click one item in the list.
In the visualizations, the selected dimensions appear framed in blue.
Note: You can use highlighters in both view and edit mode.
(Edit mode only) If you have one highlighter widget with one or several highlighters added and you want to reset all of them, point to More options on the highlighter toolbar, and then click Reset highlighters.
If you want to reset a specific highlighter, perform one of the following actions:
- For the Dropdown highlighter – Click the down arrow, and then select No selection in the drop-down list.
- For the Multi select highlighter – In front of the highlighter title, click Clear selection. Alternatively, you can click the selected values in the list to remove them.
- For the Single select highlighter – Click No selection.
- For the Expression highlighter – In front of the highlighter, click Clear selection. Alternatively, you can delete the mathematical expression, then press Enter.
To refresh the data for a highlighter or all highlighters added in a widget, point to More options on the highlighter toolbar, and then click Refresh data.