Manage filter widgets
You can add, view, modify, duplicate, reset, or remove filters at any time.
For details on filter widgets and their role in Storyboards, see Filter.
- You added at least one filter to the storyboard. For details, see Add filter widgets.
- The storyboard page where you want to manage filters is open.
- On the Storyboards toolbar, click Enable changes.
Point to the upper-right corner of the filter that you want to manage.
The widget toolbar appears.
Point to Edit, and then click Edit settings.
The widget settings pane appears.
On the data tab, expand the Filters section, and then click manage filters.
The Filters pane appears.
Manage the filters as needed:Add
Click New or the arrow button in the upper-right corner, and then define the filter settings as described in Add filter widgets.View or modify
In the filters list, point to the needed filter, and then click Edit filter next to it.
View the filter settings.
(Optional) Modify the filter as needed.Duplicate
When you duplicate a filter, you create a new one based on the settings of the original filter. However, you cannot create multiple filters for the same Dataset and Column combination.
To duplicate a filter, take the following steps:
- In the filters list, point to the filter that you want to duplicate, and then click Duplicate filter next to it.
- Select a new column for the filter.
- (Optional) Make any necessary changes.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the new filter. The name must be unique for every filter.
To remove a filter temporarily, take the following steps:
In the filters list, deselect the filter that you want to remove. The filter remains in the list but is no longer displayed on the storyboard and will not filter any visualization.
To make a filter available again, just select it in the list.
To remove a filter permanently, take the following steps:
- In the filters list, point to the filter that you want to remove, and then click Remove filter next to it.
Important: Deletion is performed without confirmation and cannot be undone.
The modifications apply to the filters in real time.
- Click Save on the Storyboards toolbar.