DataClarity 2021.2 brings the following features and enhancements:
- Hide sidebar and toolbar when embedding Storyboards
- Add labels for columns in the Table widget
- Improved Storyboards performance
Installation & Configuration
Data Preparation can now automatically profile numeric Primary Keys (PK) and Foreign Keys (FK) as regular dimensions or geospatial dimensions. Additionally, the PK and FK columns are now suggested for joins in Step 3 – Join and Preview.
Also, automatic profiling now includes more criteria and keywords to identify the data types for dataset columns. If a column name contains different keywords, one as a suffix and the other as a prefix, then the suffix takes priority. For example, Location ID becomes a dimension because the column name ends with “ID.”
If you want to extend page area, you can add one of the following query parameters to the application URL:
- ?options=hidesidebar.hidetoolbar (to hide both)
Starting with this release, you have more flexibility with column names displayed in the Table widget. You can rename a column in the widget settings. Point to the Options icon next to the column name, and select Rename in this viz. In the dialog that opens, provide a new name you want to have in the Table visualization. If you remove the label, the column will use the original name as in the dataset.
You can add a label for each instance of the same column that has a different aggregation. For example, Profit (Sum) and Profit (Avg) each can have a specific label like “Profit” and “Average of Profit” accordingly. Also, you can use special symbols that are not allowed in the dataset columns, for example, “EB w/o Profit” or “% of Sales.”
The Storyboards component is now using optimized queries when working with storyboard pages, customizing their look & feel, and other page properties. Also, the Filters and Highlighters widgets have been enhanced. Now, selecting targets is not required to save filters and highlighters. You can keep them as drafts and select target widgets later.
In Configuration Manager, you can now configure the logging levels for the platform applications.
To configure a logger, click Add and specify the following:
- Log path — A path to a logger that you want to configure specifically. The prefix “logging.level” is the same for all the loggers and cannot be edited. After the prefix, you can specify a root, a package name, or a class name. For example, if you set a specific class, then all the loggers in the code of the class will use a defined logging level.
- Level — The level of logging (Off < Error < Warn < Info < Debug < Trace).
- Application — The platform component for logging: Data Preparation, Storyboards, Configuration Manager, Data Server, Notification, Scheduler, Audit.
Release Notes (other formats)
- To view the summary of the release features, see https://www.dataclaritycorp.com/2021-2-features/.
- To view the Release Notes in PDF format, see https://www.dataclaritycorp.com/dataclarity-release-notes-2021-2/.