This topic describes how to create an application from scratch.
If you have an application exported as a .dibak file, you can import it into Designer and customize it. For details, see Import application.
- You logged in to Designer.
- You have permission to manage applications. The permission is granted by an administrator in Access Manager.
Depending on the interface you are using, do one of the following:
- On the Designer welcome page, click New application.
- With an application open, go to File > New. Then, click OK to close the current application.
The Application settings dialog appears.
Type a name and a description for the new application.
The name and the description of the application will be visible in the applications list after you save the application.
- (Optional) Select the default theme for the application.
- (Optional) Select an image for the application logo.
- (Optional) Define the features, theme, and security settings for the application. For details, see Application settings.
The new application opens. For details about the application interface, see Designer interface.
On the menu bar, do one of the following:
To make the application available to the consumers, go to File > Save and Publish. Enter a description of your changes, and then click Save. Then, click Close.
The new application is created and added to the list of applications in both Designer and Portals.
- To save the application, go to File > Save. Enter a description of your changes, and then click Save. Then, click Close.
The new application is created and added to the list of applications with the Unpublished status.