Restrict access to tab
By default, a tab is available to all users who can access the application. If you need to restrict access to a tab, you can specify which user groups or roles can access the tab.
You have an application for the Human Resources department with separate tabs for the subdivisions. In this case, you can set up security restrictions as follows:
- HR-ALL group (all HR members: HR-USA and HR-EU) – Allow accessing the application.
- HR-USA group – Allow accessing the tab for the USA division.
- HR-EU group – Allow accessing the tab for the European division.
You enabled security for the application in Application > Settings.
For details, see Restrict access to application.
- On the Designer welcome page, point to an application, and then click Edit.
Click the tab to which you want to restrict access.
The Tab Settings dialog appears.
- Select Access restricted.
- On the Security tab, do the following:
- Click OK.
On the menu bar, go to File > Save. Enter a description of your changes, and then click Save. Then, click Close.
To make the changes available to consumers, publish the application (File > Save and Publish).