Create a publication
You can create publications based on the reports, bookmarks, and snapshots from Portals, and other external content. The supported output formats for the publications are Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, and Apple Keynote.
- You have permission to create publications. The permission is granted by an administrator in Access Manager.
- Open Portals.
On the application sidebar, click Publish.
The Publish pane appears.
Click Add new publication.
The Create publication wizard appears.
Follow the steps in the publication wizard to configure the document:
- In Step 1. Select Reports, select the reports that you want to include in the publication, and then click Next.
- In Step 2. Select Criteria, select the filtering criteria for the selected reports, and then click Next.
- In Step 3. Select Bookmarks, select the bookmarks for the publication, and then click Next.
- In Step 4. Upload External Content, upload a file (PNG, JPEG, or PDF) that you want to add to the publication, and then click Next.
- In Step 5. Arrange Content, reorder the content items by dragging content to any other position as needed. Click Next.
- In Step 6. Select Output, select the format of the publication, and then click Create.
Click OK in the notification message.
The publication is added to the Publish pane. The icon next to the publication name indicates that the publication is being created.
Wait for the notification about document creation, which appears at the top of your Portals application. You can download or get a sharing link from the message.
Successfully added publications appear in the Publish pane.
You can manage your publications as needed. For details, see Manage publications.