You can add documents or reports either to a note or a comment within a discussion. For details on how to start a discussion, see Start a discussion.
Within a discussion, you can add one or more attachments to your notes or comments. The following items can be attached:
- Files from your computer – The following file formats are supported: PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT, TXT, CSV, JPG, and PNG.
- The report that is currently open in Portals – The attachment includes the filters applied to the report.
- The snapshot of the report that is currently open in Portals – The snapshot to be attached is created in the Attachment options dialog.
- To participate in the same discussion, you need to be logged in to the same application and use the same application tab as your collaborators. Also, you need to be part of the group or members selected for a group discussion.
- In Portals, open the report that you want to attach as a report or as a snapshot. For details, see Work with content.
On the application sidebar, click Collaborate.
The Collaborate pane appears. All the discussions available to you are displayed.
Navigate to the note or comment where you want to add the attachment. For details, see Manage discussions.
Point to the upper-right corner of the note or comment, click Options, and then click Add attachment.
The Attachments options dialog appears.
Select the item that you want to attach. You have the following options:FileSnapshotLink to a report
Click Add attachment.
The attachment appears under the note or comment.
For details on how to manage attachments, see Manage attachments.