Access IBM Cognos tools
In a Portals application, you can have direct access to IBM Cognos tools for report authoring.
You want to create an IBM Cognos report for your application, without leaving Portals.
To do so, open IBM CognosReport Studio within Portals (see details below). After you create the report, store it in the My Folders location in IBM Cognos. Then, click Content on the Portals sidebar. The new report is available in My Folders and is ready to be used in Portals.
- You have user rights for the IBM Cognos tools.
- You have permission to access the IBM Cognos tools in Portals. The permission is granted by an administrator in Access Manager.
- Open Portals.
On the application sidebar, click Toolbox.
The Toolbox pane appears.
Click an option, as needed:
- Create professional reports – Open IBM CognosReport Studio to build and distribute professional enterprise reports.
- Query my data – Open IBM CognosQuery Studio to build queries and reports, improve the layout of your reports, view and work with your data.
- Analyze my business – Open IBM CognosAnalysis Studio to find answers to your business questions by exploring and analyzing data.
- Analyze my data – Open IBM CognosPowerPlay Studio to create and view reports based on PowerCube data sources .
- Author business reports – Open IBM CognosWorkspace Advanced to build queries and ad hoc analyses.
- Create my dashboards – Open IBM CognosWorkspace to create interactive workspaces using both IBM Cognos content and external data sources, such as TM1 Websheets and CubeViews.
The selected IBM Cognos tool opens.
Work with the tool as needed.
Save your work.
The items stored in the My Folders location in IBM Cognos are immediately available for use in your application.